LINZELER PIAULT

Linzeler Frères was already an important business by the 1870s, with a shop selling jewellery, silverware and clocks at 15 boulevard de la Madeleine in Paris. Probably part of this family, Robert Linzeler registered his own mark for silverware in the name of société Française de Joaillerie et d'Orfèvrerie, on 14 April, 1897. He succeeded the important knife-maker/silversmith Jules Piault at 68 rue de Turbigo, with retail locations at 4 rue de la Paix (where he later associated with the Russian jeweler Alexandre Marchak) and at 9 rue d'Argenson. He manufactured flatware, silverware and cutlery. Although the name Linzeler was not included in the general catalog of the 1889 World's Fair, he was awarded gold medals for cutlery and silversmith work at the Paris World's Fair of 1900. His colleagues also received medals in both classes. He was a working jeweler and silversmith in the store as well as an expert to the civil court of the Seine for auction sales. His silversmith mark was terminated on 10 February, 1926. Bibliography (French) : Le couvert et la coutellerie de table française au XIXème siècle , Editions Faton par David ALLAN Page 309.
 
 
 
Produits